In 2015 we added 2 more boats and two more family members to our fleet. We are now the largest charter fishing fleet on Lake Superior..
WDIO “Up North” High Tech Fishing with Happy Hooker Charters.. http://www.wdio.com/article/stories/S3471856.shtml?cat=10348
Make your own down rigger camera mount for Sony or GoPro cameras
- Drill a 1/4 in hole thru torpedo weight.
- Insert a 1/4 by 3″ bolt from the bottom
- put a washer on the bolt.
- Cut a piece of 1/8 by 3/4 aluminum flatbar to length (about 3 1/2 inches)
- Drill two 1/4 inch holes in bar. (make sure you have adequate clearance for camera.
- put bar over washer – screw on coupling.
- Drill a hole in a 1/4 x 20 thumbscrew – put a locking nut on and screw it onto the coupling.
- Install camera using the tripod mount.
- Tighten everything – attach to cable and you are ready to record.
The year 2013 will go down as a exceptional year for fishing Lake Superior. Big salmon and lake trout were caught throughout the season. Big muskies were also taken by our boats near the Duluth and Superior Harbors.
Captain Dave and I just acquired a second boat. She is a custom modified 32ft Marinette. We hope to have it in the water with the “Hooker Too” by mid May. Business has been great for the last several years and we thank all our customers for their support.
We haven’t named her yet. Any suggestions?
Article in Duluth News Tribune
Here is piece about what I will be covering in the Seminar.
Dave and I are off to La Crosse WI to do a sport show. When I return I will be working on an instruction page “How to rig downrigger cameras”. Plus a forum where other downcammers can share tips and videos.
The X4 UPSHOOTER