Make your own down rigger camera mount for Sony or GoPro cameras
- Drill a 1/4 in hole thru torpedo weight.
- Insert a 1/4 by 3″ bolt from the bottom
- put a washer on the bolt.
- Cut a piece of 1/8 by 3/4 aluminum flatbar to length (about 3 1/2 inches)
- Drill two 1/4 inch holes in bar. (make sure you have adequate clearance for camera.
- put bar over washer – screw on coupling.
- Drill a hole in a 1/4 x 20 thumbscrew – put a locking nut on and screw it onto the coupling.
- Install camera using the tripod mount.
- Tighten everything – attach to cable and you are ready to record.