Minnesota fishing licenses – who needs them? Where to get them?
Fishing Minnesota waters of lake superior requires a Minnesota fishing license and a trout stamp. Or a 24 hr Minnesota license (No Trout stamp required). If you are a senior citizen, 65 or over, a trout stamp is not necessary. If you are 15 or under you do not need either.
Due to the recent change to electronic license sales, the captains are no longer able to supply season licenses or trout stamps. (we sell 24hr licenses only). Fees for the 24hr license is $11.00 for Minnesota residents and $13 for non-residents .
Licenses are available at the following Duluth locations
- Holiday Store #27, 200 S. Boundary Ave, Proctor
- Holiday #100,1530 Woodland Ave
- Holiday #190, 4795 Miller Trunk Hwy.
- Holiday #293, 5430 Grand Ave.
- Ico, 2030 London Rd.
- K Mart, 1734 Mall Drive
- K Mart, 215 N. Central Ave.
- Lakeside Food N Fuel, 5310 E. Superior St.
- St. Louis County Auditor License Center, 1301 Miller Trunk Hwy.
- Marshall Hardware, 4415 E. Superior St.
- Piedmont Food N Fuel, 1323 Piedmont Ave.
- Pike Lake Super America, 5601 Miller Trunk Hwy.
- University Food N Fuel, 1704 Woodland Ave.
- Marine General
- Fishermans Corner
- Gander Mountain
Licenses phone sales
Minnesota hunting and fishing licenses may be purchased nationwide via credit card by dialing 1-888-MN-LICEN (665-4236) at any time of the day or night, seven days a week.
The toll-free call provides immediate licensing by way of a license identification number, which will be issued at the time of the call. The license identification number is valid until you receive an actual license in the mail.
There is a $2.75 convenience fee for each phone transaction. For a license that is required to be mailed, the convenience fee is $3.50.
To save time when you arrive for your trip we recommend that you have already purchased you license.